family picture

family picture

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FINALLY

AND



I have waited ONE year EIGHT months one week and 4 days to post that we are NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, NEVER did I think that I would post that we were #1 on BOTH the GIRL and BOY list!! I realize that there are A LOT of capital letters and exclamation points but I am FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!
It has been a completely crazy 48 hours. This morning my eyes still hurt from so much crying yesterday after the MOWA announcement. All day I have been in a not so good mood and completely distracted as I prayed non-stop for God to move to protect the children of Ethiopia and change the hearts of the MOWA officials that have made the decision to reduce inter-country adoptions. (yes, I realize my english teacher hubby will be completely ashamed of my sentence structure here, but oh well) While that is still an issue that hasn't changed and completely breaks my heart and terrifies me for what lays ahead of us...I have been DANCING around my house for the last 2 hours on the high of being #1. God is so merciful to give us encouragement in the midst of difficult times. As I have said before, we are so blessed that He continues to remind us in such visible ways that He is IN CONTROL of ALL things. Even when it seems like the world is crashing down around us God comforts us and shelters us from the storm.
Keep watching for what happens next...

-amory
p.s. if you have not yet GO SIGN THE PETITION!!!!! See the link from a couple posts back to find it.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hoping you have peace through a short wait.

    ReplyDelete