family picture

family picture

Saturday, August 29, 2009

The roller coaster ride has begun

We have been formally accepted into the Ethiopian adoption program by our agency!!!! Our application was submitted on August 18th and approved on August 19th. We had our orientation call with our adoption coordinator on the 26th. This is going to be a long road. We reviewed all of the steps we have to go through for the adoption, and there are MANY, but I'm going to break it down and focus on step one. Turn in the contracts. We have 90 days from the date of application to turn in our signed and notarized contracts to AGCI along with our first payment. Now, for those of you who have been reading this blog, you know that this is what had me freaked out. I'm still concerned with how in the world we are going to be able to fund this, but the moment I clicked the send button on the application screen to submit our adoption application, I instantly felt some peace. I found a verse last week that has really helped.

Habakkuk 2:3 But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled! If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.

I know that even though I don't see how right now, God says that His plan will surely take place. I rest and trust in that for now.

Thank you prayer warriors for the time spent praying for us. God is faithful. We have more peace than I thought we would with struggles listed here, and some that are not listed. Please continue to pray for us, that we would have wisdom and discernment as we go through this process. Please continue to pray for God to provide and for others to be sensitive to God's leading to help, either by prayer or other means.

-Amory

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the AGCI community!
    My husband and I just started the process about 6 weeks ago and we are currently working on our dossier and home study! The paperwork is daunting but piece by piece it gets put together! It has taken me about 3 solid weeks of hard work to get thru all the home study documents and the dossier is going to come together a lot quicker than that!

    The money is definitely the scariest part! We were hoping to have the money to turn in the contracts within the 90 day period and God provided abundantly and we had all the money together within 1 week!!! We are now working on the next $6000 so we can turn our dossier in! God will provide - that is for sure!!!

    Good luck on your journey - it looks like we will be on the path together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. My friend Christina Miller went to High School with your husband and told me to contact you. We live in The Woodlands and brought home our baby boy from Ethiopia through AGCI in June. I'd love to share our story with you or answer any questions you have. I'm excited to see another Texas family and will be praying for your little one!

    nell ann
    gogogalindo.blogspot.com
    nellannp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here's your comment... I really need to get this thing to notify me when we get posts. Thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete