family picture

family picture

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Small Mercies

Thank God for the small mercies He gives us. Wether it be getting my car fixed for 1/3 of what I was originally told it would be, or finding out that the random person that helped us with information on picking out a homestudy agency months ago is actually the best friend of one of Bryan's high school friends. We knew when we decided to adopt that we would have to completely trust God to guide us, but I'm so thankful for the merciful sightings He shows us along the way that He indeed is in complete control and has ordained each step of this process. Of course, God's timing is perfect. He seems to give us these moments just when we're starting to feel down about something. If you have any doubts that God is completely sovereign, ask me about my week, His sovereignty reigned all over it.

-amory

2 comments:

  1. Bryan and Amory,

    I am so excited for you guys! What a wonderful opportunity for you to complete your family and give a child in need a loving home. Ryan and I have also been struggling with infertility and while we're still in the "trying" process, adoption is certainly an option that we're considering.

    I'm so happy I found your blog and look forward to following your journey.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I just encourage you to not be afraid to seek God's will in the infertility process. I've learned that God's plan is better for us than our own, even if it's not being able to birth our own child. God's has already blessed us so much through the adoption process.

    ReplyDelete